Obtaining a Visa or Permission to Stay

Eurocentres Florence are able to assist and advise those students who require a Visa to study in Italy or those who would like to obtain a Permission to Stay (Permesso di Soggiorno) for the purpose of prolonged study overseas. If a student is a citizen of the EU (European Union) they do not require either a Visa or Permission of Stay documents. If a student is not a citizen of the EU and intends to stay in Italy longer then 3 months, they are obliged to get a Permission to Stay from the Questura (Police Headquarters) in Firenze.

Obtaining a Visa*

You should inquire at the Ufficio Visti of the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country to determine exactly what is required for you to enter Italy as a foreign student. Take with you a copy of your Enrolement Certificate (a certified document from the Eurocentres Firenze to confirm that you will be attending the school on a specified date). Eurocentres Firenze will send out the Enrolement Certificate as soon as they have received the fully completed Student Enrolement  Form and the entire payment of the non refundable enrolment fee, the course fee as well as accommodation fees, if booked. If you are not able to obtain your Visa, you must inform the Eurocentres Firenze prior to the commencement of your course, in any case no later than 17.00 (CET) on the last Friday before the commemcement of the course in order to have your payment reimbursed, apart from the enrolment fee. Failure to notify the school in due time will result in the loss of your payment and the annulment of your enrolment.

* From 1st September 2010 students from the following countries do not need a visa in order to study in Italy for periods of less than 90 days. A valid passport is sufficient: Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Japan, Israel, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Singapore, South Korea, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela.

Obtaining a Permission To Stay 

If you intend to enrol in a language course that runs longer than three months, you need to apply for a PERMISSION OF STAY (Permesso di soggiorno).

You will need to complete the application form (available from the school) and take it to the appropriate counter at the Post Office. You will also need:
1. Four passport photos
2. A photocopy of all pages of your passport
3. Your Enrolement Certificate from Eurocentres Firenze with the relevant stamp from the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country
4. A photocopy of your health insurance documents
5. A Tax stamp of € 14,62
6. A photocopy of your Visa issued by the Italian Embassy in your country

The Permesso di soggiorno application costs €58.50

Further information can be found at:
Questura di Firenze (The Police Headquarters of Firenze) - Via Zara 2, 50129 Firenze, Tel: Public Relations office 055 4977602 /603
Ufficio Immigrazione (Immigration Office) - Via della Fortezza, 17, Tel: Tel: 055 49 77 057

Be Sociable, Share!
Lingue Vive Italia Srl - Piazza Santo Spirito, 9 - 50125 Florence, ITALY - phone. +39 055 213030 - fax +39 055 216497
P.I. 01782400483 - C.F. 02180020154 - e-mail: info (at) ecfirenze.com - Skype: eurocentres - Twitter

Flags Widget powered by AB-WebLog.com.